Offer: The Indigenous Women's Fund First Call For Proposals Results
The International Indigenous Women's Forum, through its strategic program, the Indigenous Women's Fund, is pleased to present the results of its first call for proposals.
After a long selection process, in which 863 projects were received, the top 14 projects have been selected distributed as follows: 5 coming from the Americas, 5 coming from Africa and 4 from Asia.
From the Americas:
1. La Organización Nacional de Mujeres Indígenas Andinas y Amazónicas, (ONAMIA) from Peru. Project title: Triannual Strategic Planning of ONAMIAP and communications equipment.
2. Ixmucane A.C, Formación y Asesoría Jurídica from Mexico. Project title: Training and Strengthening of Indigenous Women Leaders.
3. Consejo Nacional de la Mujer Indígena (CONAMI) from Argentina. Project title: EDMI, Circular Spirit of Learning to Live in Harmony.
4. La Asociación Indígena Páez- Cabildo Indígena Nasa from Bogotá, Colombia. Project title: Training in Indigenous and Ethnocultural Traditions.
5. Femmes Autochtones Du Quèbec Inc (FAQ) from North America. Project Title: Guide for Intervention in Sexual Assaults.
1. Youth Empowerment And Child Labour Elimination PROJECT (YCEP) de Nigeria - Title of the Project: Increasing the economic livelihoods of single young mothers through comprehensive microenterprise and business development training in ogoni community.
2. Gurmuu Development Association (Gurmuu) de Etiopía - Title of the Project: Socioeconomic Support to Indigenous Women Self Help Organizations.
3. Northern Sector Action On Awareness Center (NORSAAC) de Ghana - Title of the Project: Ending Cries of Community Women's leaders Project.
4. Center for Human Rights and Peace Advocacy (CHRAPA) de Camerún - Title of the Project: Enforcing the Capacities of Mbororo women in Bainjong as a means of empowerment.
5. Peasant Women's Association for Rural Development (PWARD) de Uganda - Title of the Project: Domestic Violence.
1. Khagrapur Mahila Kalyan Samity de Bangladesh - Title of the Project: Capacity Enhancement of the Young Indigenous Women in Khagrachari District, Bangladesh.
2. Mahila Jaagaran Sahayog Samuha (Women's Awareness Support Group) de Nepal - Title of the Project: Capacity Building of Indigenous Women for Accessing Rights and Resources.
3. Institute for Electronic Governance (IEG) de India - Title of the Project: Special Training Program in Information Technology and Communications for Indigenous Women.
4. Hoadedhdhdoo Association for Development (HAD) de Maldives - Title of the Project: Empowering Women Organizations to increase their participation development.
THE INTERNATIONAL INDIGENOUS WOMEN'S FORUM WISHES TO CONGRATULATE ALL OF THE WOMEN'S ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAVE PARTICIPATED IN THIS FIRST CALL FOR PROPOSALS!