Offer: Knight International Journalism Fellowships program
The Knight International Journalism Fellowships program makes lasting, visible changes that improve the quality and free flow of news in the public interest around the world. Funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, the year-long program sends international media professionals to countries where there are opportunities to promote reliable, insightful journalism that holds officials accountable.
Knight International Fellows work in these key regions: Asia/Pacific, Eurasia/Former Soviet Union, Latin America, Middle East/North Africa, and Sub-Saharan African.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong leadership qualities
- Fluency in the local language of the host country
- Demonstrated knowledge of project focus and experience in project medium/media
- Minimum of 10 years journalism experience
- Training experience is a plus
- Fellowship is open to any nationality
- Fellowship duration is a minimum of one year, unless otherwise specified
An orientation program for new Knight International Journalism Fellows providing information about the Fellowships and training in digital media, mentoring techniques and monitoring and evaluation methods takes place twice annually.