Offer: Job Opening: Blog and Social Media Manager, Peace X Peace
Peace X Peace (www.peacexpeace.org) is seeking a highly motivated individual with the experience and passion to manage the organization's web presence. The Blog and Social Media Manager will be responsible for driving the growth of the website and for developing and executing the organization’s social media strategy. This person will be the voice and ears of the organization in the online arena. It is necessary for this person to possess exceptional writing and editing skills as well as social media experience. The Blog and Social Media Manager will maintain a finger on the pulse of trends in social media and the broader fields of gender and peacebuilding.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Peace X Peace Website
• Schedule, organize, & generate content for Peace X Peace website (www.peacexpeace.org). This includes developing schedule of weekly themes, drafting content when necessary, and identifying external articles, videos, etc. on a weekly basis.
• Responsible for posting all Peace X Peace blogs (Voices from the Frontlines, Connection Point, Be the Change, and PeaceTimes). This includes identifying content, editing articles, ensuring consistency in blog layouts and design, and coordinating SEO.
• Edit blog articles to ensure that they meet established guidelines. Individual must also be able to conduct and write-up interviews on an as-needed basis.
• Ensure that all blog content is of high quality, readable and relevant to Peace X Peace’s scope and mission.
• Work in close coordination with designer to ensure website design is user-friendly and that content is displayed in effective manner.
• Responsible for continual website updates – including identifying and posting relevant announcements in “What’s New” section of homepage.
• Monitor and approve blog comments on a daily basis. Address any emergent issues in comment sections in a timely manner.
• Use Google Analytics to track and report website metrics on a regular basis. This includes monitoring # of visitors, traffic sources, top content, etc. Regularly adjust website content and strategy based on analytics.
• Responsible for mass distribution (through Salesforce) of Weekly Blog Digest and monthly PeaceTimes newsletter. This includes design and formatting of mass email, and working with Outreach and Administration Manager to ensure database lists are up to date.
• Participate in networking by following individuals in the field of gender and peacebuilding and attending local events.
• Other tasks as needed
• Develop a comprehensive social media strategy and identify effective social media techniques to increase visibility and traffic to Peace X Peace website.
• Manage Peace X Peace Facebook page and Twitter account. This includes posting on daily basis, interacting with followers, and generally building a robust presence.
• Expand Peace X Peace presence and name recognition in the social media universe, including through YouTube, StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit, LinkedIn, etc.
• Build and maintain a content distribution network by way of other social media channels.
• Work in close coordination with Community Manager of Peace X Peace Community (Ning network) to coordinate efforts to engage and motivate members and maximize member communication.
• Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media for Peace X Peace.
• Design metrics for measuring member engagement and e-media success.
• Bachelor’s degree in conflict resolution, peace studies, journalism, communications or a related social science field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Two to six years professional experience in gender or peacebuilding non-profit.
• Skilled in the use of web platforms and familiarity with social media universe, including developing website content and interacting on social networks, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to build and/or participate effectively in online communities.
• Proficiency with Wordpress a must.
• Experience with Salesforce/Predictive, Google Analytics, Google sites, and Ning a plus. Knowledge of html also desirable.
• Superb writing and editing skills.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills, particularly cross-cultural communication skills.
• International and/or cross-cultural experience strongly desired.
• Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work without supervision. The ability to take ownership of hands-on, technical tasks is also important.
• Must be able to work effectively as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to think on a strategic level while also maintaining attention to detail.
• Reliability, accountability, and time-management skills are required.
• Interest in the mission of Peace X Peace and in working with constituencies from diverse cultural, ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This is work is performed from a home office. Peace X Peace will provide the following as appropriate: laptop and monthly internet connectivity allowance.
SALARY: We provide excellent employee benefits and a salary competitive with other nonprofit organizations. Salary is based on a 32 hour (4 day) work week.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is April 25.
Peace X Peace is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to make all personnel decisions without discriminating on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, physical disability, mental disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national or ethnic origin, or any other protected status.