Offer: 2011 IJR Transitional Justice Fellowship Programme: Last chance to apply!
***Invitation/ Call for Applications: 2011 IJR Transitional Justice Fellowship Programme ***
The Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) is pleased to announce the convening of a five week Transitional Justice in Africa Fellowship Programme. This is a residential programme which will be held in Cape Town from the 9th of May to the 10th of June 2011. This year’s Fellowship Programme will be open to applicants from Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda.
To be considered eligible for this fellowship, you should meet the following criteria:
• A post-graduate degree in a discipline related to Transitional Justice
• 4 to 5 years of relevant work experience
• Good written and spoken English. This will be necessary to research and publish the assigned paper as well as to participate in group discussions.
If you are interested in applying for admission to this program, please submit to us the following documents in English:
• A detailed resume or Curriculum Vitae of no more than 4 pages.
• The full contact details of 2 contactable references
• A letter of motivation indicating why you wish to participate in this program
• An unedited writing sample of at least 3 pages in length, preferably on a topic broadly related to transitional justice issues. Published documents are welcome.
• A one-page proposal outlining a topic of inquiry for a policy brief relating to transitional justice in your country, which you aim to write during the fellowship
The closing date for applications is the 18th of March 2011.
Telephonic interviews will be conducted in the week commencing 28 March and successful candidates will be notified no later than by the 8th of April 2011.
NB: Please email your complete application to Ms Anthea Flink on email@example.com with ‘Application to 2011 Fellowship: your name’ in the email subject line.
Only complete applications will be considered.