Offer: The Cartier Women's Initiative Award
The Cartier Women's Initiative Award is an international business plan competition created in 2006 by Cartier, the Women's Forum, McKinsey & Company and INSEAD business school to identify, support and encourage projects by women entrepreneurs.
The mission of the Cartier Women's Initiative Awards is threefold:
* To identify and support initial-phase women entrepreneurs through funding and coaching
* To foster the spirit of enterprise by celebrating role models in entrepreneurship
* To create an international network of women entrepreneurs and encourage peer networking
Entrepreneurs play a central role in all economies. More than ever, we must support the next generation of men and women who have the audacity to create, to innovate and to imagine the future. The Cartier Women's Initiative Awards aim to encourage the most vulnerable category of entrepreneurs in their most vulnerable phase: women entrepreneurs starting up. Since its inception in 2006, it has accompanied over 40 promising female business-owners and recognized 15 Laureates.
The annual competition involves two rounds:
Round 1 (in June) : The Jury selects fifteen Finalists, the top three projects of each region (Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, North America), on the basis of their short business plans. They receive coaching from experienced businesspeople to move to the next round.
Round 2 (in October) : The Finalists are invited to France for the final round of competition which includes submitting a detailed business plan and presenting their projects in front of the Jury. They are also invited to the Annual Global Meeting of the Women's Forum.
Based on the quality of the plan and the persuasiveness of the verbal presentation, one Laureate for each of the five regions is selected and receives a unique and comprehensive support package: US $ 20 000 of funding, one year of coaching, networking opportunities and media exposure.
The competition is designed to give all participants an opportunity to gain perspective and confidence by stimulating cross-cultural exchanges.
* June 15, 2010: Announcement of the Finalists.
* June - October 2010: Coaching of the Finalists.
* October 13, 2010: Final jury Deliberation. The Finalists present their projects orally in front of the Jury.
* October 14, 2010: Announcement of the 2010 Laureates at the Awards Ceremony, held during the Women's Forum in France.
* October 15, 2010: Application period for the 2011 Cartier Women's Initiative Awards starts.
* March 15, 2011: Application period for the 2011 Cartier Women's Initiative Awards ends.