Offer: Media training for educators, trainers and youth workers – Netherlands
A media literacy training developed by Global Soma and the Olde Vechte foundation
Title: Media training for educators, trainers and youth workers
Date: 2-11 March
Place: Netherlands, Ommen – Olde Vechte Foundation
Countries: HU, LT, RO, TUR, LV, SK, FR, PT, CZ, NL, GR, IT
Places available: 2 per country
Costs: 30% of travel and 50 -75 euros participation fee
(depending on your country of origin, NL 150€)
What is this training about?
Goal: To increase the quality and quantity of youth work by adding or improving the use of media as a tool in youth work.
This training is intended for experienced youth leaders from European countries interested in introducing media as a tool in their organizations and in their work with young people.
* participate in media production try-it-yourself sessions
* practice basic audiovisual skills and critical thinking about media
* learn how to bring youth-related issues to mainstream media
* develop strategic thinking for nonprofit organisations
* use social and audio visual media as working method
* participate in sessions of creating educational materials which can be passed on to other youth organizations, ready to use
* learn to deal with difficult issues
* become aware of the opportunities provided by the European Commission for youth work