Offer: Call for Proposals/Applications: Safe Abortion Action Fund
The Safe Abortion Action Fund (SAAF) is a multi-donor fund that provides specific support for in-country initiatives to increase access to safe abortion services, it is hosted by the International Planned Parenthood Federation.
SAAF is now organizing a new call for proposals to support activities in three broad areas:
* service delivery
Following the success of the first round of funding, which supported over 50 projects, SAAF is launching a second funding round in 2011.
SAAF will provide grants of a maximum of US$200,000 for a maximum of 3 years.
* Hosted by the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), SAAF is a multi-donor funding mechanism, providing flexible grants to non-governmental organizations.
* SAAF promotes innovative, discrete and sustainable approaches, funding NGOs which have demonstrated ability to improve access to safe abortion services, to advocate successfully for policy change or in conducting research to inform advocacy or improved service delivery.
* SAAF focuses on the needs of the marginalized and most vulnerable women and girls, funding projects which provide abortion services within a comprehensive package of sexual and reproductive health services, including post-abortion family planning.
* SAAF encourages abortion services to be provided to the fullest extent of any national law and at the highest possible standards of care, and for legal and policy reforms to be implemented in countries where abortion is restricted.
* By visibly funding projects using an international funding mechanism, SAAF works to de-stigmatize abortion and to legitimize the abortion debate – creating and supporting a ‘network of champions’ who are more empowered to work at local and national levels.
The deadline for applications is 31 January 2011. Please visit the SAAF website or email email@example.com for more information about SAAF, application guidelines and application form.