Offer: Call for Applicants- Yale World Fellows Program
Yale World Fellows Program for mid-career emerging leaders
The Yale University’s Yale World Fellows Program provides fellowship opportunity to mid-career emerging leaders who have distinguished themselves within their own professions, regions, countries, or at an international level.
Successful applicants uniformly possess the extraordinary qualities of mind and character that strong leadership requires. Candidates for the Fellowship must demonstrate themselves to be driving forces for action or effective catalysts of change. In significant ways and in significant arenas, each must show promise of a career trajectory of increasing responsibility and impact. Yale World Fellows are selected from a wide range of fields and disciplines including government, business, nongovernmental organizations, religion, the military, media, and the arts.
Criteria for selection include:
* An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity;
* Commitment to engagement in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level;
* Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact;
* Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking;
* Likelihood to benefit from participation in the Program and to contribute to global understanding at Yale;
* Commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus.
Eligibility and Selection Process
Nominations and applications for the Yale World Fellows Program are solicited from around the world. A Fellowship candidate must be a citizen of and reside in a country other than the United States. Preference may be given to candidates who have not had extensive educational or work experience in the United States, particularly at Yale.
In addition to underwriting all program and educational costs, Yale provides Fellows with housing and a travel allowance, as well as a stipend of $32,500 to cover living expenses.
The World Fellows Program does its best to assist with arrangements for Fellows who are joined in New Haven by a spouse or dependent minors for the duration of the Program.
The application deadline for the 2011 Program is Friday, January 14, 2011.