Offer: Call for Nominations: 2011 Courage in Journalism and Lifetime Achievement Awards
The International Women’s Media Foundation is seeking nominations for the 2011 Courage in Journalism and Lifetime Achievement awards.
Eligible candidates: For both awards, candidates must be full-time, part-time or freelance women journalists currently working in print, broadcast or online media in any country. For the Courage Awards, candidates employed by organizations whose main objective is not journalism will not be considered. Candidates for the Lifetime Achievement Award can be working or retired journalists.
To nominate a journalist: Please note that self-nominations are not accepted. Candidates may be nominated by colleagues, employers, journalists or others. Completed nominations must be in English and include the following:
* Completed nomination form
* Nomination statement completed by a professional associate
* Brief biography of the candidate highlighting her work as it relates to the Courage in Journalism Awards or the Lifetime Achievement Award
* Resume or CV of the candidate
* Examples of the candidate’s work (details on the nomination form)
* Two letters of support from professional associates
Deadline: Completed nominations, including all supporting documents, must be submitted to the IWMF no later than March 4, 2011. Nominations should be emailed to email@example.com whenever possible, but are also accepted by regular mail, courier service or fax. Winners will be announced in May 2011.