Offer: Call for Applications: Leadership Institute in Womens Economic Social and Cultural Rights
PWESCR launches its annual Leadership Institute in Women's Economic Social & Cultural Rights. The Deadline to apply is November 19, 2010.
The Institute, based on the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR), is held in two phases each year. A weeklong training will be followed six months later with a weeklong follow-up session. It is uniquely designed for economic and social justice activists and human rights practitioners working on women's rights in key leadership positions in organizations/institutions to effectively use the human rights framework to drive change, addressing structural causes of poverty, discrimination and inequalities.
The Leadership Institute will accept 25 to 30 participants from the economic South.
Venue and Dates
All selected participants should attend both phases.
Phase 1: January 23rd to 29th 2011, New Delhi, India
Phase 2: June 20th to 25th 2011, Kathmandu, Nepal
Deadline to apply is Friday, 19 November 2010.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Participants must have some knowledge of gender and human rights
- They must have some experience and skills in conducting women's rights trainings
- They must have an institutional base in the region that works to promote human rights and has ESCR as part of their agenda
- They must be interested in conducting human rights and ESCR training in their country/region
- They must be in key leadership position in their organization and must have their organization's endorsement to be part of the Leadership Institute and to implement their action projects
- The institute will be open to both women and men. Recognizing a need to bring more women into ESCR-related work, women will be given preference.
- Preference will be given to those working in indigenous, disibilities, dalits, migrants, and other minority and socially excluded groups
- National human rights institution staff, policy makers, lawyers can also participate in the institute
- Participants must have proficiency in written and spoken English
- Participants from countries scheduled for review before the CESCR in the coming year are encouraged to apply
- Participants are required to attend both Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the course and are required to stay for the entire duration of the institute
For more information and to apply click here: http://www.pwescrleadership.org/