Offer: Oak Human Rights Fellowship Application
The Oak Institute for the Study of International Human Rights at Colby College is pleased to announce a call for applications for the 2011 Oak Fellowship. We seek one front-line human rights activist working outside of the U.S. and who works on problems created by or associated with poverty. In this call for applications, we highlight our concern about the physical and emotional violence, the potential loss of security and dignity, often associated with deprivation. Our 2011 Oak Fellow will work to promote human rights threatened by poverty. Such rights include but are not limited to: the right to work in safe conditions and earn an adequate and stable income; access to basic food and shelter; freedom from forced evictions; access to adequate health care and medical attention; access to basic services and infrastructure; the right to a healthy and safe living environment, including access to clean drinking water; access to education; freedom from discrimination based on class or income.
The 2011 fellowship will offer a semester in residence at Colby, giving respite from front-line human rights work, a $32,000 stipend, plus medical insurance, transportation, housing and utilities. Please Note: The deadline for submission of ALL application materials is December 15, 2010.Instructions for
1. Download the 2011 application by clicking here
2. Complete the downloaded application and save to your computer
3. Fill in your name and email in the yellow box below
4. Upload your COMPLETED Oak Application below
5. Upload your RESUME or C.V. below
6. Click APPLY NOW
7. All recommendations should be sent directly to email@example.com**VERY IMPORTANT** You will not be able to make any changes to your application once you have clicked Apply Now. Please double check all information and files before you apply. Please use only one email address for all Oak Application correspondence. You may also email or send your completed application and resume to:
HatchOak Institute for the Study of International Human RightsColby College5300 Mayflower HillWaterville, ME 04901
Visit www.colby.edu for more information.