Offer: Paid Internship - Akilah Institute for Women - Rwanda
The Akilah Institute for Women is an institute of higher education for young women in Kigali , Rwanda.
Akilah is searching for a dynamic Social Media & Marketing intern to start in January 2011. Dates are flexible but a minimum of 4 months is required.
- Collaborate with the U.S. based Development Director to develop creative and innovative ways to showcase the Akilah Institute for Women.
- Collect all forms of media to be used on the Akilah website- video, photographs, etc.
- Interview incoming Akilah students and develop/oversee sponsorship program.
- Collect more video footage of the Akilah Institute, students, and teachers and use existing footage to create short videos.
- Maintain the Akilah blog.
- Experience in video, graphic design, and/or webdesign is required.
- Demonstrated commitment to women's issues and education.
- Excitement and a positive attitude about working in a dynamic start-up
- The capability to develop and maintain positive relationships with community
leaders; the ability to maneuver in the community with comfort and credibility
Akilah will provide a small stipend to cover housing costs in Kigali.
To Apply: Submit CV and cover letter to Info@AkilahInstitute.org
Include “Marketing and Media Intern" in the subject line. In your cover letter, please be sure to include the amount of time that you are available to stay in Rwanda.