Offer: Programme Assistant Intern - Uganda
Women of Kireka is a registered business in Kampala, Uganda. Focusing on social entrepreneurship, Women of Kireka - advised and supported by Project Diaspora - is composed of a group of 20 internally displaced women selling beautiful hand crafted jewelry locally and internationally.
Women of Kireka is currently looking to hire a Programme Assistant Intern to start in December 2010. Great opportunity for recent University graduates seeking experience in social entrepreneurship.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assisting with local and international Women of Kireka craft orders;
• Marketing Women of Kireka crafts locally and internationally;
• Business development and implementation;
• Monitoring of work plan;
• Innovating and introducing new savings plans to increase women's collective profit and ensure high-yield investment;
• Guiding Women of Kireka in new crafts designs;
• Liaising between Women of Kireka in Uganda and Project Diaspora, its international partner.
• Assisting with women's capacity-building workshops.
• Hold a Bachelor or be in your final year of a Bachelor program.
• Have significant experience in business and marketing.
• Have some previous travel experience.
• Be willing to help with marketing and sales of WoK products in your community before departure or upon return.
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, CV and short 500-statement on what they would like to learn and accomplish during their placement to Siena at email@example.com.