Offer: Organisation looking for an Executive Director
Women’sNet, a feminist NGO based in Johannesburg, which promotes the strategic use of information and communications technologies (ICTs) for social change is looking for a competent, experienced and self motivated woman with leadership qualities for the position of Executive Director.
Overview of Responsibilities.
The Executive Director will provide strategic leadership to the team and effectively manage organisational resources to ensure the organisation meets its goals and those of its stakeholders and partners. She will lead the organisation to develop and deliver a range of programmes in line with the overall objectives of Women’sNet and she will interact with stakeholders and partners.
Working with the Board of Women’sNet to provide strategic thinking and leadership to the organisation.
Putting in place operational policies and systems for the efficient management of Women’sNet.
Develop sustainable and proactive relationships with Women’sNet donors and funders, reporting on a regular basis and encouraging donor participation where appropriate.
Represent Women’sNet both internally and externally, developing strategic and sustainable partnerships with other organisations.
Oversee the development, management and implementation of projects
Carry out consultation work arising from other organisations and representing Women’sNet in a professional manner.
Development and implementation of the Women’sNet business plan and Fundraising in conjunction with staff and the Board of Directors
1. Fundraising to secure the necessary resources for the sustainability of the organisation.
2. Strengthen the profile of Women’sNet as a leading network and actor in the field of the use and support of information and communications technologies.
3. Contribute to the development of the strategic vision of the organisation.
4. Leadership and monitoring of the effective implementation of Women’sNet strategic plans and action areas.
5. Build an empowered, skilled and professional internal staff capacity to meet delivery requirements.
6. Ensure the integrity of financial systems.
7. Add to Women'sNet knowledge creation through recording meetings, speeches, conferences attended and contact details of participants.
All interested candidates should submit their CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.