Offer: World Summit Youth Award
World Summit Youth Award
A global contest for best practice to support a better world
The World Summit Youth Awards mission is to empower youth by creating digital opportunity. In spite of their technological expertise, young people remain marginalized, unemployed and lacking voice in the decisions that affect them each day. We believe that if youth are given a space to showcase their skills, ideas and projects, they will be empowered as agents for social change and creativity. In addition, the networking and skill-sharing between award winners and WSIS delegates can open new doors to the information society.
The WSYA selects and promotes best practice in e-Content and technological creativity, demonstrates young people’s potential to create outstanding digital contents and serves as a platform for people from all UN member states to work together in the efforts to reduce poverty and hunger, and to tackle ill-health, gender inequality, lack of education, lack of access to clean water and environmental degradation.
WSYA is therefore both a showcase to the world for young e-content creators, journalists and writers, application designers, technologists and as well as a contribution on a global scale to adressing poverty, protecting the environment, sharing knowledge and empowering young people.
To be eligible for the WSYA,
- the project must be initiated and executed by youth under the age of 30
- The product should be fully functional and operational at the time of submission; projects which do not function will not be juried
- It must be accessible over the Internet (whether it is designed for fixed line, broadband or mobile use)
Submissions must be
- made under one of the six categories: Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease; Education for all; Power 2 Women; Create your Culture, Go Green and Pursue Truth
- free of offensive or plagiarized content which violate dignity or human rights will not be evaluated
- made by an authorized person
- submitted by June 20, 2010