Offer: Small Grants Available for Girl Guides and Girl Scouts
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) invite Girl Guides and Girl Scouts around the world to apply for a small grant of up to 250 USD for their projects to help save the planet.
The projects can be related to adaptation (helping people cope with climate change) or mitigation (preventing further CO2 emissions). If the project contains a food security or agriculture theme this would be advantageous but it does not have to be mandatory. In addition projects which also contain inter-country collaboration would also be well considered.
There are many possibilities what you could do with your grant, like planting trees or crops, setting up a recycling system in your meeting hall or school, hosting a discussion in your community, run an activity on Centenary Celebration day on the topics ‘plant’, implement a GAT project related to environment and many more.
Criteria to receive FAO/WAGGGS mini project funds:
- Details of a dedicated contact person with access to email and a bank account are provided
- The project is related to climate change and food security
- The project is planned and conducted by young WAGGGS members (under 7 to 25 years old) with the help of their leaders as required
- The project is conducted during the period of June 2010-June 2011
- The funding will be spent exclusively on the project as outlined
- Project reports and other available documentation such as pictures are submitted immediately after completion of the project and will be used by WAGGGS and FAO for publication and promotion
- If the project cannot be conducted as outlined below WAGGGS will be consulted immediately to agree further steps
Contact: Bernadette Fischler, Advocacy Coordinator, email@example.com