Offer: Urgent Action Fund for Womens Human Rights
The Urgent Action Fund for Women's Human Rights provides Rapid Response Grantmaking: a funding tool used to support interventions by activists in a strategic and timely manner. Grant requests are accepted 365 days per year, in any language, from activists around the world. Each request receives a response within 72 hours and funds can be wired within a week. UAF created this unique grantmaking model in 1997 to enable women activists to take advantage of unexpected opportunities, mitigate threats and/or prevent backsliding in their ongoing work to advance the human rights of all people.
Urgent Action Fund Makes Grants in Three Categories:
- Response to armed conflict, escalating violence or politically volatile environments.
- Potentially precedent-setting legal or legislative actions, or actions that aim to protect a precedent that has already been set.
- Protection and security of women human rights defenders.
Regardless of the category, grant proposals must demonstrate all of these criteria:
- Strategic – the action is related to a pre-determined plan to create structural change that will advance women’s human rights.
- Unanticipated and Time Urgent – the situation or opportunity is unanticipated and action must happen quickly to be effective.
- Sustainable – the group is able to carry out the proposed action effectively, and can secure funding for future work related to the strategy.
- Supported – the group has the support of others involved in women’s human rights or related fields, locally or globally.