Offer: Google ACM MM 2010 Conference Grant to female computer scientists
Google has announced the Google ACM MM 2010 Conference Grant to encourage more female computer scientists to attend and participate in the ACM MM 2010 conference, 25-29 October 2010, Florence, Italy.
Two people will be chosen from the applicant pool to receive free registration for the main conference (accommodation not included) and up to 300 euros for travel costs from Google (given to the recipients at or after the event).
All female computer scientists interested in Multimedia are encouraged to apply.
- Be a female working in or studying Computer Science/Multimedia
- Maintain a strong academic background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Attend at least 2 full days of the main conference.
To apply send, no later than 27 September 2010, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Google ACM MM 2010 Conference grant containing the following:
- your full name and email address
- current address, contact phone number and copy of photo ID
- your CV
- 1-page statement (no more than 600 words) about why you wish to attend ACM MM 2010 and why attending is important to your research and/or future career
The winners will be notified by e-mail by 1 October 2010. If you are a successful applicant, you will be sent your free ticket and a payment form to expense your travel contribution, to be completed and submitted after the event.