Social Media for NGOs
Social media has become an essential part of the communications process, in both conveying awareness and communicating to internal/external stakeholders. Development sector is still lagging leveraging this platform for engaging its stakeholders, creating awareness, raising funds etc. SAFRG is organising 2 day workshop on “Engagement through Social Media” for NGOs and other interested groups on above mentioned dates and venue in New Delhi.
• Targeted at those working in the public or private sector communications or engagement
• Will help those that know they need to start using social media at work but don’t know where to start
• Will help delegates learn from the experience of companies and public sector organisations that are already using the new media
• Will help delegates to convince others in their organisation why social media is important.
The workshop will:
• Provide an overview of social media in today’s world
• Explore the different social media tools and how they can be used in public & private sector communications and engagement
• Provide a practical introduction to how to introduce social media into the public & private sector communications mix
• Discuss real examples of social media in action with regards to Corporate Social Responsibility – good and bad practice
• Give delegates the knowledge and skills to start using social media in communications and engagement.