Global Pulse 2010
The U.S. Government wants to engage, and partner, with the international community in a meaningful way. Join the conversation! Participate in a unique event and help shape the future.
Global Pulse 2010 is a 3-day, online collaboration event, that will bring together individual socially-engaged participants and organizations from around the world. The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) is sponsoring the Global Pulse 2010, in partnership with the Departments of State, Education, Commerce, and Health and Human Services.
As the name implies, the event will take the pulse of as many as 20,000 participants on key issues facing communities around the world. Global Pulse 2010 will connect participants who are champions for the same social issues to build new, or strengthen existing relationships, and inform U.S. foreign assistance and diplomatic strategies on major themes and ideas that emerge across the span of the event.
Individual discussions will take place within forums and will focus on ten designated topics. Participants can choose to participate in any of the discussion areas that interest them the most:
- Inspiring a New Generation
- Developing Global Citizens of the 21st Century
- Empowering Women and Girls
- Making equality a reality
- Enabling the Essential Education
- What everyone should learn to succeed in the 21st century
- Building Stronger Partnerships
- Explore new ways to promote partnerships between societies, citizens, community organizations, and businesses as a means of creating sustainable solutions to shared development priorities
- Exercising Political and Civil Rights
- Understanding rights, increasing citizens participation and expanding accountability
- Promoting Global Health
- Connecting and empowering individuals and communities to take charge over their own health and well-being
- Advancing Entrepreneurship, Trade & Economic Opportunity
- Find new ways to advance entrepreneurship, job creation, and economic opportunity
- Fostering Science, Technology & Innovation
- Discover new ways to support societies and build capacity by leveraging science and technology
- Supporting a Sustainable Planet
- Exchange lessons learned on how to address global climate change
- Pursuing Grand Challenges
- Identifying the “grand challenges” of the next decade
Each topic area will have recognized leaders in the related field of interest facilitating the conversations. And what is truly unique about this forum is that it gives people with innovative ideas the chance to voice their opinion, learn from one another, and speak directly with those who have the desire and resources to take action.
Where and when?
Global Pulse 2010 is an online “virtual” event. Registration is FREE and participants can join from any computer with internet access. The event will be live, over the span of 3 days:
Launch: Monday, March 29th
Close: Wednesday, March 31st