Women Deliver Conference 2010
“Women are at the economic heart of the developing world. And to do all this work, they need to be healthy.”
Women Deliver 2010, a global conference to be held in Washington DC on June 7-9, will focus on the theme: Delivering solutions for girls and women. The conference will further prove that maternal and reproductive health needs to be a global priority, and it will move the dialogue to the global arena with two strong messages:
- The MDGs will not be achieved without investing in women.
- There is just enough time, if the world commits funding now, to achieve MDG5 — additional US$10 billion annually by 2010 and US$20 billion by 2015.
Women Deliver 2010 Themes:
- Maternal & Newborn Health
- Health of Girls and Women
- Family Planning
- HIV and AIDS
- Cross-Cutting Strategic Approaches
- Human Rights and the Law
- Development and Empowerment
- Climate and Population
- Corporate Involvement