Global action in support of Deputy President Mlambo-Ngucka
TAC is calling for global action in support of Deputy President Mlambo-Ngucka to implement the HIV/AIDS Plan by making sure that the South African Government keeps its word in the fight against HIV and AIDS
Support Calls To Implement the South African AIDS plan - Support good governance
Monday 10 September 10am -2pm
TRIANGLE SQUARE PRETORIA
- Demand that the South African government implement the HIV and AIDS and Sexually Transmitted Infections National Strategic Plan for 2007-2011
- Call for government leadership on the South African HIV/AIDS crisis
-Work with the Deputy President Phumzile Mlambo Ngucka
- Submit a Memorandum of Demand to the local South African High Commissioner/ Consulate in your area
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
-Hold a candle light vigil at your local South African Embassy/Consulate
-Demonstrators to bring on candles- red or white
- Get met permission, aim for modest numbers 20-30 or what is possible between now and Monday
- Draw up email flyer - this must be signed off by TAC but I can help if need be.
- Draw up Memorandum of Demand. Use TAC press releases and www.tac.org. za for source information to hand over
- Write or send a fax to the Presidency on any of these numbers +27 12 323 8246 +27 12 323 3231 +27 12 323 6080 +27 1...
- Write a letter to your local newspaper supporting the call to action and focusing on one of the demands in the letter to the Deputy President
TAC members and their supporters will be staging a protest in Pretoria on Monday 10th September. We ask the global community to join hands with local communities across South Africa in the coming weeks as continue to maintain the pressure that as citizens we have a duty to do in a crisis of this magnitude.