Red Ribbon Community AIDS Action Awards Deadline Feb 29
The Red Ribbon Awards is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate outstanding grassroots initiatives and smaller community organizations like yours. Please consider to apply. The deadline is February 29.
Information is available at www.redribbonaward. org, redribbonaward@ undp.org or +1 212 906 6184. Nominations can be made on-line, by email, fax or mail until February 29, 2008
On-line directions for applying are also available in Spanish, French and perhaps Arabic.
2008 Red Ribbon Awards
The Red Ribbon Awards, presented every two years at the International AIDS Conference, celebrate outstanding grassroots initiatives and smaller community organizations that show leadership and action in reducing the impact of HIV/AIDS. The Award is a joint initiative of the UNAIDS family together with the Leadership and Community Programme Committees of the XVIIth International AIDS Conference to be held in Mexico City .
Twenty-five community groups will receive an award through a community-led selection process. Two representatives of each winning group will be brought to AIDS2008 in Mexico City , August 3-8, 2008 . They will showcase their work at the conference through the Community Dialogue Space in the Global Village, plus all 25 communities will receive $5000 and 5 of these will receive special recognition and an additional $15,000.
Grassroots initiatives, community organizations, and small NGOâ€™s will be eligible in one of 5 categories:
* Providing access to care, treatment and support for people living with HIV
* Promoting human rights and addressing social injustice such as homophobia, sexism and any other form of stigma and discrimination related to HIV
* Empowering women and girls and addressing gender inequalities that fuel the spread of HIV
* Providing support to children orphaned by AIDS and other vulnerable children
* Promoting HIV prevention programs and services
Further information is available at www.redribbonaward. org, redribbonaward@ undp.org or +1 212 906 6184. Nominations can be made on-line, by email, fax or mail until February 29, 2008