Now Accepting Submissions for Exhibiting You
NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS
From January to September 2009, I.M.O.W. is Exhibiting You! As the museum prepares to debut a new online exhibition in October 2009, the I.M.O.W. Web site is showcasing the talents of our global online community.
We're looking for submissions that relate to I.M.O.W.'s mission to value the lives of women around the world.
Submit your work for consideration and share your art, creative writing, journalism, music, audio, photography, video and animation with a global audience.
We’ll post new stories on a regular basis. Twice a month, we will announce Museum Picks in our email newsletter. Submissions that receive the highest star ratings and the most views will also be listed as the most popular stories.
From time to time, we will also invite submissions on a specific theme, so watch this space! We look forward to your submissions!
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
• You must be registered with the I.M.O.W. Community to submit work.
• Submissions must be your own original work.
• All languages are welcome.
• Text submissions must be 1,500 words or less.
• Visual submissions must be accompanied by a minimum 100-word description.
• Images must be submitted as .jpg, .gif, or .bmp files sized at 600 pixels wide with a minimum resolution of 72 dpi (300 dpi preferred); limit 10 images per submission.
• Audio or videos must be submitted as .mov, .avi, .mp4, .mp3, .aiff, .aif, or .wav files; maximum size is 40MB each; limit 2 files per submission.
HOW TO SUBMIT
To submit work for Exhibiting You, you must first register or login to the I.M.O.W. Community. From your profile page, click the + sign next to SUBMISSIONS and follow the instructions. Or click here to go directly to the submission form.
To increase your chances of being rated highly and selected as a Museum Pick:
• Build a complete community profile by including a picture and short biography.
• Submit multiple works.
• Make your submission look as good as possible. If submitting text, include an image for visual interest. If submitting visuals, include a detailed description.
• Provide context and background for your work. For example, if submitting artwork, share information about your methods and/or sources of inspiration. For photographs, tell us where, when, and why you took them.
• Edit and review your submission to make sure it’s complete. Include a brief introduction so people will want to read or see more.
If you have questions or trouble submitting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT TO SUBMIT
Submit images of your paintings, drawings, sculptures, prints, or cartoons. Please include a minimum 100-word description. Upload .jpg, .gif, or .bmp files sized 600 pixels wide and minimum 72 dpi (300 dpi preferred). Limit 10 images per submission.
Submit your short stories, poetry or creative essays! Limit: 300 to 1,500 words. Please include an image for visual interest.
Submit original articles, essays or non-fiction writing about the issues that matter to you and the work you are doing to change the world. Limit: 300 to 1,500 words. Please include an image for visual interest.
Submit your music videos, songs, spoken word or podcasts. Please include a minimum 100-word description. Upload .mov, .avi, .mp4, .mp3, .aiff, .aif, or .wav files no more than 40MB each. Limit two videos per submission.
Submit your photojournalism and artistic photography. Please include a minimum 100-word description. Upload .jpg, .gif, or .bmp files sized at 600 pixels wide and a minimum of 72dpi (300dpi preferred). Limit 10 images per submission.
Submit your video, film clips, trailers or animation. Please include a minimum 100-word description. Upload .mov, .avi, .mp4, .mp3, .aiff, .aif, or .wav files no more than 40MB each. Limit two videos per submission.
To submit, visit http://www.imow.org/submissions.