Community Update

World Pulse Toolkits Available!

At World Pulse, we recognize the need for ongoing learning—for you and for your community! Our toolkits are all available here.

We are especially excited to share our signature Citizen Journalism and Digital Empowerment Curriculum. Start learning today!

MANQUE DU COURANT ELECTRIQUE DANS LA VILLE DE BUKAVU

Nous avons plus de 5 ans dans quelque quartier de la ville de Bukavu en RD Congo, que la population de ce coin se heurte à beaucoup d’escendit a cause du manque de ce dernier et ces escendits cause tant de mort infantile et maternelle. Nous avons vécu plus de trois cas qui ont causé tant de morts entre autre :
- Le 27/12/2013, une femme était morte a cause de maque du courant électrique ; cette maman avait la lampe à pétrole à main pendant son mari suiver le match en allument le groupe électrogène ; la femme a passée a côté de ce groupe, car elle préparée la nourriture dans la cuisine et ses enfants étaient dans la maison alors son mari a vite quitter dans la maison et a laisser les enfant là de dans pendant que la maison commencée a brulée, la femme a entrer dans la maison pour sauver ses enfants alors il y avait plus moyen d’y sortir car toute les portes étaient bloquées maintenant la maman a mourut avec ses trois enfants !!!!!!!
- Le 28/01/2014 à panzi une femme a aussi mourut de la même manière mais sans enfants mais avec tout les biens de la maison ;
- Le 08/03/2014 fille de 18 ans est morte a cause de manque du courant car dans leur maison il y avait un groupe électrogène et elle préparer la nourriture pour la famille.

English translation by community member liannareed

Lack of electric current in the city of Bukavu

We have more than five years in the area of the city of Bukavu in the DRC where the population of this area faces many fires and because of the lack of electric current these fires cause infant and maternal death. We have lived more than three cases where this has caused death:

On December 27, 2013 a women died because of the lack of electric current: this mother had a petroleum lamp in her hand as her husband followed with a match to light the group generator. The wife passed on the side of this group, she was preparing the food in the kitchen and the children were in the house as the husband quickly exited the house and left the children there inside while the house began to burn. The woman entered the house to save the children but there were no longer any exits because the doors were all blocked now and the mother died with her three children!!!!!

January 1, 2014 at Panzi a woman also died in the same way but without children but with all the goods of the house.

March 8, 2014 a girl of 18 years old died because of the lack of current in their house and they had a group generator and she prepared food for the family.

Comments

Edka's picture

accidents de la vie

Bonjour Ariane,
Merci pour ce que vous racontez même si c'est très triste - que ces femmes voulant bien faire pour leurs familles meurent de cette façon, par manque de courant. C'est vrai que même avec le courant il y a des accidents mais c'est encore plus triste parce que ces femmes n'avaient même pas de choix.
Savez-vous si les autorités ont prévu l'installation de l'électricité dans les années à venir?

Au plaisir de vous relire,

Bien à vous,

Edith

Ariane Moza Assumani's picture

Réponse

Bonjour Edith,
Merci pour votre courage de nous lire et de nous donner des recommandations consernant ces femmes qui n'avaient pas d'informations suffisante car il y a un adage qui dit "une ame non informée c'est une ame morte" et donc haussons nos voix pour sensibiliser toute cette couche de la population qui manque d'informtions. Consernant nos autorités, elles ont prévuent le programme d'installation du courant électrique; mais nus avons un problème de la mentalité de la population de la République Démocratique du Congo car cette dernière, n'a pas le courage de payer les factures de la SNL.

Merci et a bientot en ligne

arianemoza

liannareed's picture

Translation

Lack of electric current in the city of Bukavu

We have more than five years in the area of the city of Bukavu in the DRC where the population of this area faces many fires and because of the lack of electric current these fires cause infant and maternal death. We have lived more than three cases where this has caused death:

On December 27, 2013 a women died because of the lack of electric current: this mother had a petroleum lamp in her hand as her husband followed with a match to light the group generator. The wife passed on the side of this group, she was preparing the food in the kitchen and the children were in the house as the husband quickly exited the house and left the children there inside while the house began to burn. The woman entered the house to save the children but there were no longer any exits because the doors were all blocked now and the mother died with her three children!!!!!

January 1, 2014 at Panzi a woman also died in the same way but without children but with all the goods of the house.

March 8, 2014 a girl of 18 years old died because of the lack of current in their house and they had a group generator and she prepared food for the family.

liannareed's picture

Merci pour votre histoires.

Merci pour votre histoires. Il est très triste de lire ces histoires. Est-ce que vous savez si la problème continu à Bukavu?

Magazine »

Read global coverage through women's eyes

Letters to a Better World

Letters to a Better World

Community »

Connect with women on the ground worldwide

DRC: A Dream Come True

DRC: A Dream Come True

Campaigns »

Be heard at influential forums

WWW: Women Weave the Web

WWW: Women Weave the Web

Programs »

Help us train women citizen journalists

World Pulse Voices of Our Future

World Pulse Voices of Our Future

Blog »

Read the latest from World Pulse headquarters

The Women of World Pulse LIVE: Meet Jampa

The Women of World Pulse LIVE: Meet Jampa

Partners »

Join forces with our wide network of partners

Nobel Women's Initiative

Nobel Women's Initiative