On World Radio Day, Tune in to Sylvia Global
On November 3, 2011, the 36th General Conference of UNESCO approved the creation of the World Day of Radio. This day "seeks to raise awareness about the importance of radio, facilitate access to information through radio and enhance networking among broadcasters," according to UNESCO.
World Pulse has had the immense privilege recently to develop a partnership with Sylvia Global Media Network, Positive media for Innovative World thinkers, Doers, and Donors, an internet radio and T.V network.
Sylvia Global extended an invitation to our 31 2013 Voices of Our Correspondents to create and host their own show on Sylvia Global Media Network. Many were thrilled by the offer. On February 13th 2014, several shows hosted by our 2013 Voices of Our Future graduates will premiere.
Here is a list of our proud radio hosts and a link to their show:
1. rabia-salihi: Her show is called Dream Bubble. Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh are filled with women and girls who dream of more from life. Dream Bubble’s host, Rabia opens the discussions to what is possible.
Listen to Dream Bubble HERE
2. Greengirl: Her show is entitled WE, Nigeria = Women & Environment."WE- Women and Environment will be highlighting insightful dialogues about women’s rights, roles and responsibilities in environmental restoration and governance, with an array of local, national and international guests. “WE” is geared towards inspiring and building a movement of committed advocates for women’s representation, active participation and leadership in environmental restoration and governance".
Listen to WE, Nigeria HERE
5. Olive Branch: Her show is entitled Born Again. Mahrukh says about her show: "I believe that we are born twice. One is our biological birth and other is our psychological birth. Our psychological birth is very important because at that point we decide to be a human with humanity or not. I’m proud that I chose to be a human with humanity. The psychological birth is only impossible, once we are educated enough to choose what we want to be."
Listen to Born Again HERE
6. Monica09: Monica has developed and will be hosting two shows. One entitled Women in Bangladesh. In this show on women’s rights, Monica aims to highlight the achievements and challenges faced by women of her country. And a second show called Parenting Worldwide. Here Monica bridges the gap between parents and teens by talking with them about what they love and what they are not so fond of in the parent-teen relationship.
Listen to Women in Bangladesh and to Parenting Worldwide HERE
8. Ayunnie: The title of her show is Unruly Women. She says: "Unruly Women are those who are no longer tolerate of dreams unfulfilled, injustice, and wrongs that can be made right. With grace, dignity and courage, unruly women, are the voices rising above the status quo."
Listen to Unruly Women HERE
9. pelamutunzi: Her show is called In Our Words: Women Speak Out. The show will bring out women voices and stories to show that women are dominating spaces and deserve recognition. From grassroots women to women in public offices women are changing the world and making it a better place even in their small ways.
Listen to In Our Words: Women Speak Out HERE
Let's give a round of applause for these incredible women who are now World Radio Hosts and raising their voices ever louder! Thank you to Sylvia Global Media Network for extending this invitation to our graduates and we look forward to collaborating further in the future.
On this World Radio Day 2014, be the "Loud Speaker" and join the "Vocal Uprising"!!!!!