VOICES OF OUR FUTURE WEEK 1 ASSIGNMENT
What excites me most about the web 2.0 is that:-
• It provides the historical opportunity to promote our voices, strengthen our collaboration and accelerate the exchange of working models for women’s empowerment and global challenges.
• The web 2.0 provides a platform for discussion on various issues affecting women globally. Issues like reproductive health, gender based violence, women participation in politics etc
• Web 2.0 communication provides the platform for interactions amongst people from different walks of life, social networking and connect.
• Web 2.0 and social networking sites are the best places to share stories, efficient knowledge worker collaboration, employee satisfaction and clients’ success.
• Web 2.0 also allows population to correspond and spread ideas with each other rather than receiving the information from a single source. Information run freely, easily and people can put across their thoughts without fear of authoritarialism. It keeps everyone informed and abreast with the latest developments. This means instead of reading information from one source, you can receive from various sources, allowing better and understanding decision.
For the global women’s empowerment movement the web 2.0 can bring the following solutions:-
• The Web 2.0 will educate women on different issues. People can ask questions and get a variety of answers and opinions on issues confusing them. Web 2.0 platform provides enough material for any kind of research.
• The Web 2.0 will help build global women’s empowerment movement to communicate with people around the globe to strengthen and foster advocacy.
• The Web 2.0 brings together different groups, movements, professionals, NGOS etc to connect and proffer ideas, solutions and visions on ways to improve global women’s empowerment movement.
• Create a global awareness on a prevailing issue in a particular area with people posting blogs constantly on the web. Through this awareness attention can be drawn to the issue.
These tools are empowering to me in the following ways:-
• First, through the web 2.0 I have become part of an interesting people to contribute our amplified voices to build global women’s empowerment movement.
• Iam optimistic that through the use of web 2.0,I will form networks to work together with to bring social change in my community on issues affecting women.
• I will also get to make new through this training and learn how to write journals and create awareness on women issues.