Listening for Social Change
Become a Volunteer Listener
World Pulse is seeking volunteers for our WWW: Women Weave the Web Digital Action Campaign.
By signing up to become a Listener, you are helping to lift and unite grassroots women leaders voices to accelerate their impact for the world.
What is a Digital Action Campaign?
With an online, global community of grassroots women leaders, World Pulse has developed a methodology to rally their voices around the issues that they say matter most. Our digital action campaigns elicit powerful content from women on the ground, strengthen their confidence, and ensure that influencers and powerful institutions hear their stories.
In January, we launched our Digital Action Campaign, focused on digital inclusion and empowerment for women around the world. We are recruiting volunteers to join our team as Listeners. You will be asked to read and comment upon a series of short, 500-700 word submissions from our community. Listeners also help select the most outstanding stories to be published in an e-magazine featuring content from this campaign.
Criteria and Commitments for Listeners:
- Regular and reliable access to the Internet.
- Attend one hour, internet/phone based training.
- Ability to devote 2-3 hours per week to reading and commenting upon community submissions (Hours are flexible).
- Make at least a 3 month commitment.
- Familiarity with online forums.
- Ability to provide encouraging, constructive comments on participants' assignments and stories.
- Heartfelt desire to listen to the stories of women from around the world, and become an insightful and supportive member of our global network of women.
The deep and soulful satisfaction of knowing you are participating in a program that will be life-changing for the women you will work with, as well as for yourself as you read and react to their inspiring stories. Also, the amazing opportunity to connect with women from Zimbabwe to Colombia, exchange ideas together and become friends.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in becoming a Listener, please fill out the online Listener Application by June 17th, 2014. If you have any questions, please email Emily Garcia, Online Community Associate, at email@example.com.