Introducing myself and my journal
ICRW seeks to promote a world free of poverty in which women and men, girls and boys have equal opportunities to achieve their potential and realize their rights.
ICRW's work has three distinct dimensions — research, technical support for capacity building, and advocacy— and is informed by the following essential ingredients for sustainable development:
* Supporting women as economic providers and innovators, nurturers and caregivers, community leaders, and agents of change;
* Ensuring women's control of economic resources; guaranteeing their reproductive rights, health and nutrition; strengthening their capabilities; and increasing their political power;
* Fostering equity and respect for the human rights and dignity of all;
* Shaping policy and programs based on sound research and data; and
* Building collaborative, mutually rewarding partnerships and social networks to share skills and build capacity.