You are, therefore I am
Dear VoF friends, sisters and dear team World Pulse
Since September last year, whenever I have tried writing on World Pulse, words have just gushed out. I never had to try much.
But today, for the first time, I am struggling to find words. I can't find Words to express how it feels to have all the love and affection that came from you when the news of speaking tour came in.
So, let me abandon my vain effort to write a good, smart, touching post. Instead, I will follow my heart to say what it is echoing inside me: I WILL SAY THANK YOU.
1.Thank you Usha KC, who is the only VoF I have met in person so far. From World Pulse to Facebook to Gmail - you have been omnipresent with your love for everything I said and did. I thank you!
2. Thank you Rumbidzai Dube, for telling me that you would find me beautiful even if all my teeth fell out! It made me laugh and cry at the same time! I have won your friendship for the rest of my life and that alone is worth a hundred grand prizes!
3.Thanks to you Monica Clarke, who started out as a fellow VoF correspondent, but went on to become a mother and an Auma to me. Its you who told me i would be on the tour, because you wanted to see me here. Gratitude!
4. Thank you Sahro for being such a friend and always making me feel specially capable.You are the first friend I got in Somalia and I am so proud!
5. Thank you Congolezza for offering to make me your sister in law. You can't back out now :)
6.Thank you Paulina Lawsin for introducing me to your friends in Manila, sharing with me news of your activities and your beautiful tours. It made me feel like I really had a global family,
7. Thank you Aliya Basheer and Zonezioh for being the best cheerleaders I have ever seen !
8. Thank you Amie, Nasreen Amina, Grace Imirimat, Lucia, Celine, Noreen, Julitte, and Iffy for all those comments and inputs.
9. Thanks Pushpa, my editor and Sara Collins, my very cheerful mentor for almost spoiling me with your faith in me and sending all those strong wishes for this speaking tour.
10. Thanks everyone else for helping me learn and understand so many problems, so many issues related to us women. Thank you for inspiring me with your courage, your zest for life and your spirits!
11. And finally, thank you team World Pulse for being who you are: a home where I have found it all: love, support, encouragement and the freedom to be.