What's Needed to Put Local Champions at the Forefront?
My video contribution to A Day Without Dignity 2012 on how-matters.org's YouTube Channel. Click here to watch it!
Below are some other posts featuring local champions on how-matters.org. You can also read my guest post on Good Intentions Are Not Enough, Real Impact with Saeed Wame.
1) The wisdom of dlalanathi: Reflections on organizational growth
2) The Marginalization of CBOs by Development Actors: A Perspective from Zimbabwe
3) Nothing to Offer
4) Aid, Africa, Corruption and Colonialism: An Honest Conversation
5) Changing the system…from the ground up
6) “With the available resources we had…”
And some related posts on providing sound support for local champions:
1) How to build strong relationships with grassroots organizations – Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
2) Spotting Community Ownership
3) Small is Beautiful…Grants, That Is (Part 1)
4) Reaching Girls at the Grassroots – A Sound Investment (Part 2)
5) Sorry but it’s not YOUR project
6) Oral Reporting With Grassroots Organizations—Here’s How!