Introducing myself and my journal: Providing Resources for Peacebuilding and Community Revitalization
I am the founder and outreach coordinator for The Interfaith Peacebuilding and Community Revitalization (IPCR) Initiative.
Here are some autobiographical notes about me:
Mr. Pasti has been actively involved in peacebuilding and community revitalization work for over 20 years—as a writer (project-related correspondence, short novel, short story); an editor (newsletters, quotation collections); an advocate of ecologically sustainable communities; a practitioner of voluntary simplicity; and, more recently, as founder and outreach coordinator for The Interfaith Peacebuilding and Community Revitalization (IPCR) Initiative (www.ipcri.net). Mr. Pasti has been employed in many different settings—door-to-door canvasser for citizen action groups; field worker on organic farms; activity director, companion, and transportation provider for elders with special needs; etc. The most important influence in Mr. Pasti’s life has been, and continues to be, the teachings of Sri Sathya Sai Baba (age 81, with a main residence in Puttaparthi, India). In 1997, Mr. Pasti completed a 301 page arrangement of selected quotations from “Sathya Sai Speaks” (Vol. 1-11, first U.S. editions) (discourses by Sri Sathya Sai Baba from the years 1953-1982).
I believe that The IPCR Initiative represents a unique, relevant, and practical approach to creating and gathering together peacebuilding and community revitalization resources which can be useful in a wide variety of community and cultural circumstances. I gladly and willingly contribute time, energy, and money to make the resources and documents of The IPCR Initiative accessible for free to those people who might benefit from them.
Here I will recommend five specific IPCR Resources [all accessible on the IPCR Initiative homepage (at www.ipcri.net)]:
1) The “1000Communities2” Proposal (“1000CommunitiesSquared”)-- "1000Communities2", a 161 page proposal advocating Community Visioning Initiatives, "Community Teaching and Learning Centers" with ongoing workshops, and "sister community" relationships as a way of generating an exponential increase in our collective capacity to overcome the challenges of our times
2) The Fall issue of The IPCR Journal/Newsletter—includes three essays describing the “1000Communities2” proposal (one which is titled “A Greater Force than the Challenges We Are Now Facing”), and Appendix 6 of the proposal.
3) The “Current Educational Materials Outreach Package”—which includes the essay “The ‘1000Communities2’ Proposal: Creating a Multiplier Effect of a Positive Nature”.
4) Another essay describing the “1000Communities2” proposal titled “Transitioning from Less Solution-Oriented Employment to More Solution-Oriented Employment”.
5) A document titled “Brief Descriptions of The Eight IPCR Concepts”.
With Kind Regards and Best Wishes,
Stefan Pasti, Founder and Outreach Coordinator
The IPCR Initiative