It’s a Virtual Party and You're Invited!
International Women's Day is coming up, and we invite you to join our virtual party and help lead the PulseWire community in our celebrations!
We know that building a world which celebrates women is vital to shifting the global paradigm for women’s equality. And sometimes advancing this change means trading the picket sign for your party shoes and celebrating ourselves and the women who inspire us.
We’re hosting an online party, mapping celebrations across the globe to highlight the collective energy of women celebrating women. And we want to hear from you!
Tell us what International Women’s Day looks like in your country, your community, or your home. Over the years, we’ve heard about inspiring events like street marches in Rio, maternal health workshops in Uganda, dance parties in Moscow, and fundraising galas in New York. What does IWD 2012 look like for you?
What will you bring to the party? Here are some ideas.
In your journal:
* Describe in colorful detail what an IWD celebration looks like in your community.
* Share the lyrics of a celebratory song that honors women in your culture.
* Write a poem to honor the everyday women who are making a difference locally or globally.
* Tell us a story about your most memorable IWD.
* Imagine a world that honors women every day—what would it look like?
* Post a video, a photo, or other vivid artistic interpretation to bring your celebration online.
* Get creative, you decide!
Did I mention you could win a Flip camera?
Help us fill up the map! Learn more: http://www.worldpulse.com/IWD2012