international women's day message from executive director
THE UNFINISHED STORY
Dolly foundation, a local and community based development organization that is expected to stand on four major pillars in pursuit of her development intervention agenda. These are
• Good governance
• Sustainable environment
Human rights and gender i.e. women and children empowerment issues will cut across the four areas of intervention.
Dolly foundation programmes covers policy/advocacy and leadership development, women human’s education. Dolly foundation women’s commitment to intergovernmental collaboration right with our network member like WiLDAF Ghana was our firm belief in the fact that the advancement of women requires the government policies. it is amazing to see how well prepared the international women’s organization influence the intergovernmental process.
The legal status of women in the world must be considered in these four areas of particular concern.
• Political rights of women and the possibility to exercise them
• Legal Rights of women, both as individual and as family.
• Access of girls and women to education and training , including vocational training and
• Working life.
The programs of parallel NGO events include seminars / lectures, workshop, exhibition and theaters. The above programmes of NGO help build the capacity of individuals but find it difficult to get donor and local companies to fund these programmes.
Women’s ability to communicate is crucial to the success of their efforts. The better NGO prepare their initiatives and tactics at home and in collaboration across borders. Network organization, in this way number the governments suggestion can be reach.
Women have the right to participate equally in the management of and decision making about, all human affairs. Women are entitled to voice their views and impact on all human issues, which concern their lives and future. Women wish to influence how all issues are handled.
Programmes and resolutions have begun to reflect recognition and understanding of the fact that women’s equitable participation in all walks of life is no longer only their legitimate Right, it is politically and social necessity in making progress towards a more humans and sustainable future.
We need to have a breakthrough of the gender concept where
• The focus shifts from women to gender and the unequal power relation s between women and men.
• All social, political and economic structures and development policies are re examined from the perspective of gender differentials.
• It is recognized that achieving gender equality requires transformative change.
As a result , women‘s movement around the world have worked hard in recent years to spread awareness of the key important of the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals MDGs study after study ,
• No tools for developing more effectively than the empowerment of women
• No other policy is as likely to raise economic productivity or reduces infant and maternal mortality
• No other policy is as sure to improve nutrition and promote health including the prevention of HIV/AIDS.
• No other policy is as powerful in increasing the chances of education for the the next generation
• No policy is more important in preventing conflict or in achieving reconciliation after a conflict has ended.
There are two ways of assessing the achievement of global progress. We can choose our point of departure from the future or the past.
“but whatever the very real benefit of investing on women, the most important fact remains”, women themselves have the right to live in dignity , in freedom from want and from fear.