The list of 2012 Mentors and mentees of Rural Girl Child Mentorship Uganda (RGCM Uganda) project
The mission started on January1, 2012. When I pointed out on my facebook wall that my mission of 2012 was to connect rural Ugandan girls with mentors from across the world.
I got SO MANY responses from the NEW friends I made on the same date, January1, 2012.
I immediately started hunting for girls for mentorship, after finding just a few.
We struggled so hard finding only 35 girls in a community of over 1000 households. In my OWN village of over 300 household we found ONLY 7 girls, the rest got married and already pregnant, with children (because I wanted to pull them off their marriages - knowing the impact of education and especially to and from the girls of my own village).
Today we have 23 mentors from Austria, Australia, England, Germany, Sweden and the United States. This is amazing, realizing this in 25 days of the new year, 2012?!
I am thankful for World Pulse media platform for giving a channel for raising my voice and above all, helping me channel my passion and dream.
Allow me thank and congratulate the following mentors from across the globe for having chosen to mentor a rural Ugandan girl through Rural Girl Child Mentorship Uganda (RGCM Uganda) project, for having trusted me with their time and money to mentor and educate the following girls of my community;
Mentor Country Girl
1. Charli B Australia Nyaburu Anna
2. Rita R Germany Namusis Anna
3. Rita R Germany Nyaburu Nandalia
4. Rita R Germany Nyadoi Perepetwa
5. Julie K T United States Aboth Sarah
6. Julianne Ohl F United States Auma Maureen Sharon
7. Christian D Australia Wor Victoria
8. Ines D Germany Akoth Everline
9. Lori Bonn G United States Achola Sabina
10. Jana L Germany Athieno Irene
11. Sophia Catherine W Germany Aloiso Catherine
12. Charli M Australia Nyadoi Anna Rose
13. Andrea L United States Apio Everline
14. Nina L Germany Akumu Dorothy
15. Amy E United States Achola Anna
16. Karlene Lumsden Australia Awor Jane Frances
17. Gisela Raabe Germany Achieng Scovia
18.Nancy W England Aboth Regina
19.Sarah T Austria Athieno Rose Mary
20.Susanne S Germany Adongo Anna Mary
21.Maura Conlon United States Awor Esther
22.Charlotte Z Germany Athieno Irene, 20
23.Susanna B Sweden Akello Jane Doreen
We still have more 12 girls whose selection have not yet been confirmed. These are;
1. Anyango Solofia
2. Akoth Felisters
3. Auma Beatrice
4. Achari Christine
5. Agola Mary
6. Awor Josephine
7. Agolla Mary Constance
8. Akumu Patricia
9. Akello Mary
10. Auma Constance
11. Awor Mary
12. Aketch Mary Gorret
To select any of these girls, each girl wrote a short essay on their current life, explain how they’ve overcome roadblocks thus far, and identify their dreams and goals accessible at: http://worldpulse.com/node/48232
For details on how and why mentor a girl can, please follow this link; http://www.worldpulse.com/node/48236
Join our facebook group at: http://www.facebook.com/groups/rgcm.uganda/
Thank you for choosing to create a big impact in the life of a rural girl child of my community.