Technology Related Opportunities (Website, tools, database)
World Pulse is an action media network devoted to lifting and uniting women's voices to accelerate their impact for the world. With a focus on grassroots women change leaders, our growing web-based platform supports media and empowerment training, the exchange of resources, and the broadcast of member content.
All community projects must be sensitive to the technology challenges of our worldwide community of women. These include low bandwidth, low-level computer literacy, and English as a non-native language.
World Pulse seeks volunteers with Drupal and other technology experience.
The World Pulse website is built on Drupal 6 with plans of moving to Drupal 7.
- We have many specific projects requiring significant Drupal expertise. If you have extensive Drupal experience please let us know and we can walk through our needs to match them with your interests.
If you see a project of interest but don't feel you have the expertise to lead a team yet would like to help as a team member, please contact us with your information. Non-drupal projects include:
- Linux server administration – Update and optimize our current webserver, and make recommendations regarding hosting, security, etc.
- Resource Exchange Usability/UX study – Users come to our Resource Exchange tool to share or find opportunities and resources such as grants, scholarships, employment, etc. It is one of the biggest sources of new traffic to our site. We need a usability/UX study of the tool, followed by recommended modifications.
- Salesforce Expert - We are in the process of updating our database and integrating it with our other systems. We are looking for a salesforce developer to take the results of our business analysis process provide a database analysis, configuration recommendation and configuration design resulting in an updated and scrubbed Salesforce database. Salesforce is primarily used by the Development/Fundraising department.
- Tool assessment for our online classroom – Currently our materials are offered through a series of webpages and classroom administration (tracking assignments, grading by reviewers, etc) is done by means of complex excel spreadsheets. Assessment and implementation of an LMS like Moodle or other software/services to meet our needs is required.