Communicating As VoF/WP Members: A Few Thoughts
My dear Sisters
As we prepare to amplify our - and many others' - voices, I have a few thoughts (sprung out of some observations) on how to better communicate among ourselves. These thoughts are in addition to the very valuable tips that team WP has given.
First, we should absolutely be connected on Skype and Twitter (I am stellasglobe in both) The first (skype) is actually a need of the program VoF and twitter, as we know , sometimes works like a SOS - you are in trouble, send a twit.
But lets not create another group on Facebook. Here is why:
1)The moment you enter a closed group, you are decreasing your chances to be read/reached by others. This is not a good communication policy because your thoughts and ideas will not reach a wider audience.
2) The more you interact in closed group, the less chances you have to make more friends. Also, it means less chance to spark debates and generate support.
3) A closed group is useful when you can not reach the members anywhere else. But in this case, all the members are available right here on WP. If you want to share something exclusive, you can do it here.
4) Also, many of our sisters do not have internet for 24x7 and some are not allowed to use Facebook. Redsbird - our sister in China, for example, can't use FB
5) If our sisters without regular access to Internet log in, they should log into WP and interact here, not in FB group. Because, its a question of better use of their resources.
6) The more we communicate on WP, the better are the chances for other sisters (outside VoF group) to engage, comment and make the communication stronger.
7) WP already has a forum on FB, lets keep ourselves focused on that one page. Otherwise, it weakens the brand value of WP to some extent, and also creates confusion for others about our identity (after all, we want to be known as WP VoF, not just VoF, right?).