MAKING OF A CITIZEN JOURNALIST
My personal vision for my life and community includes reading and writing every day; publishing books; sharing a lifetime of knowledge about people, management, and workplaces with a vast international audience; having a positive impact on every person with whom I come in contact; living daily a life dedicated to integrity, commitment, challenge, and joy; loving my husband, children and valuing my marriage; valuing a few close friends; valuing family relationships; being at all times aware of and engaged in my natural environment; inventing and writing about information communication technology; traveling the world to experience its richness; watching plays and movies; listening to music; using the wisdom gained from my life experiences to help the youth and women in my community and the world to gain the empowerment they need in their lives through education in information technology and be part of the social media.
I am applying to be a voices of our correspondent because I want to achieve my vision by effectively using Pulse Wire (PW) as my medium of communication. Amongst all the social Media available, PW has the complete functional blocks for its services. These are identity, conversation, sharing, presence, relationship, reputation and groups. As a voices of our correspondent I will become a citizen journalist who can:
• Monitor and understand how social media activities vary in terms of functions and impact so as to develop a congruent social media strategy based on the appropriate balance of building blocks for its community.
• Be a social authority in any area of my expertise and an influence that will build social authority for an effective social media.
I also want to learn how to:
• write a blog that will attract high traffic of users with an established reader base,
• get votes and more exposure to the blog,
• Build links for my primary blog through the combination of content and social media.
• Increase the number of inbound links that my post will receive as the Links will boost my search engine rankings and drive click-through traffic my way.
• predict correctly what is likely to draw a response and what is not and create content to my preferences with a pretty high success rate,
• brand my blog so as to have success in the long term,
The knowledge gained will enable me to publish my work in a more decentralized and less hierarchical mode, distinguished by multiple points of production and utility. It will also be available to the public at little or no cost, creating virtually instantaneous responses (comments or editing) while the participants determine the response time.
The posted information will also be communicated in a flash, regardless of geographical location offering unparalleled opportunities to interact with people and build relationships, largely due to their real-time, interactive nature.
After the training I will be able to apply the following to educate and add value to my community:
i. Communicate with my community by:
• Creating event
• Aggregating information
• Creating online advocacy or fundraising
• Social networking
ii. Using brand monitoring as a tool for measurement of the social media
iii. Collaboration and authority building to achieve :
• Content management
• Diagramming and visual collaboration
• Editing and document management
• Social bookmarking
• Social Media Gaming
• Social Navigation
• Social news
iv. Creating Entertainment by providing platforms for:
• Game sharing
• Media and entertainment
v. Creating Leisure
vi. Creating Multimedia by producing:
• Live casting
• Music and audio sharing
• Photography and art sharing
• Presentation sharing
• Video sharing
vii. Creating reviews and opinions
viii. Allowing community questions and answers.
The successful implementation of these applications will give birth to a citizen journalist in me who will become part of a Global Media and communication network, producing web and print media and hosting an interactive community newswire. I will be very happy when my stories are being picked by BBC, PBC, CNN and others.
Finally, I want to be part of this unique editorial cycle of empowerment that creates a platform for women to enjoy the values of voice, courage, possibility, beauty, innovation, connection and transformation.