For me I see the following
Change is always a bad goal when it comes for a conservative & religious community and here is a part of the challenges i see:
1. The comfort zone: when you see people says "this is what we are used to and who are to say its wrong!".
2. bad Representative: outside people who come to help with a good intentions and instead of that they destroying everything in the way of their goal , never looking at the people, culture sensitivity, see the real needs and assets in the community, etc..
3. Using Religion as an excuse to enforce a traditions and a bad behavior or explaining another.
4. Perception of the change as a difficult thing who will take a lot of time and effort and I call it " learned helplessness" or "you can't teach an old dog a new trick!"
5. Lack of resources and that includes genuine people who believe in it.
I do the following to overcome:
1. Debate - Discussion - face to face meetings / In a personal level
2. Exposure to new people and ideas from people who where like them
3. Communicating hope and power with them addressing through the "Personal responsibility for life"
4. The Culture of "What if ! " am trying to get them understand "what if that happened .. what if didn't happened .. what is the worst scenario.
World Pulse for me is about connecting and exchange of knowledge Maybe its different from the other social website but basically its rich with people and content, for the other websites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn , etc. each one of them gat an audience and for sure a different way of handling a content relates to the goal that i want to advocate for or even spread awareness about.
So When someone asks me about who am I? I do answer with am a knowledge seeker, a change pursuer and possibly recognized as a joke for a huge a mount of people but Honestly I gat my eyes on the prize!