The concept of Web 2.0
What most excites me about web 2.0 is the fact that it provides the platform to create, edit, publish and distribute media content. This will lead to interactive or participatory information sharing or global conversation and collaboration across oceans, continents and cultural barriers. Web 2.0 is also user-driven and gives on-demand access to real time information. Another aspect which excites me about web 2.0 is that, there is room for quick feedback.
The solutions that web 2.0 brings to the global women’s empowerment movement include the following:
- It brings out innovation in women that provide key to solve global problems
- Make women decision makers
- Make women the focus in global news stories
- Women will hold top positions in global media
- Women experts cited in global news stories will increase
- Promote women’s voices
- Strengthen collaboration between women in different countries and continents with different cultural background
- Accelerate the exchange the exchange of working models for women’s empowerment and solution to global challenges
These tools are empowering to me in that, it will get my voice heard as I will speak up and speak my mind to bring about social change.
These powerful tools will equally empower me to share my ideas and information therefore leading to global awareness of my stories, needs and solutions.
I will be empowered by these tools to share my vision as there are a large number of people or women as audience and there is also the possibility of meeting women of common interest.