Week One Assignment
a) What mostly excites you about Web 2.0?
• It’s has little or close to none state authorities control so voices can easily be heard without censorship.
• It’s the best and immediate way of communication among people of the same goal especially in advancement of democracy and other aspects of life.
• It has greatly and easily been accepted by the mass and even states.
• It’s a global media that makes addressing global issues much easily.
• It’s an interactive site that relaxes the mind through chats and sharing of ideas on different topics on current affairs in a country or in the world.
• It keeps me in touch with friends, colleagues and even a venue for meeting new friends who have the same or different goals in life that in a way are positive to me.
• It’s wide spread and has greatly attracted people irrespective of their race, age and social status a step that media is growing a platform for solutions to various problems society.
• I’m well updated on current situations in various parts of the world even from a distance, example the recent African countries uprising.
b.) What Solutions do you think Web 2.0 brings to the global women’s empowerment movement?
• Web 2.0 has given movements a voice to contribute on various subjects that will promote women empowerment and reduce on gender based violence among women.
• Through Web 2.0 movements have been given an opportunity and platform to report and address any women demeaning kind of nature for empowerment.
• Web 2.0 through has helped women movements publish and share women empowerment stories and condemning evil acts against women in the society.
• Web 2.0 has attracted not only the women but also men a great step that has helped women movements play its role even better because with the inclusion of men women empowerment becomes easier.
• Through web 2.0 the movement can reach and empower women globally because of its mass coverage.
• Web 2.0 has given the movement a platform for information to their consumers so that they are informed on women empowerment, its benefits and further women empowerment plans.
• Web 2.0 acts as a campaign agent for the women movements that in a way has markets them.
• Web 2.0 has helped link the women empowerment movements to various women empowerment stakeholders to work for the same goal.
c.) How are, or can these tools be empowering for you?
• Through this media I have a chance to share my opinion with a wide number of audiences and in a way this empowers me through interaction that later equips me on information.
• The fact that it’s people have posts on women empowerment and their testimonies it keeps me motivated to always fight for women empowerment.
• Being informed is power and with the abundant information on the sites makes I empowered in making rightful decisions.