Introducing myself and my journal: Speak up!!
INFOTEKA is a voluntary, non-party and independent association of citizens gathered around feminist and global principles of non-violence, non-discrimination, women's and girls human rights and human rights in general.
The primary objective of INFOTEKA is to improve the quality of life of women and girls in BH.
The quality of life means the full implementation of rights guaranteed by the Constitution of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Law on Gender Equality of BH and other existing Laws in BIH, as well as International conventions and declarations adopted and ratified by the Parliamentary Assembly of BH
Activities of INFOTEKA that contribute to the achievement of our objective include:
- Policy advocacy actions in the field of combating all forms of violence and discrimination based on family, gender, sexual orientation, nation, religion and belonging to a marginalized group or minority groups;
- Policy advocacy in the field of the rights of women and girls in connection with:
o right to life free of violence
o the right to education and work in accordance with specific individual needs or the needs of specific groups to which they belong
o the right to information, education and work
o the right to freedom of speech, freedom of political and artistic expression
o the right to equal social and political participation
o the right to healthy environment
o the right to family planning (contraception, abortion, artificial insemination, adoption, maternity rights...)
o the right to social and health care in accordance with specific individual needs or the needs of specific groups to which they belong
o right to the ownership and disposition of property
- Research and collecting information about quality of life of women and girls in all aspects of life, for its publication in order to point out the problem and advocating for positive changes;
- Organizing and conducting public events (conferences, public debates, round tables, debates, readings, street actions and performance, the specific cultural and artistic activities);
- Organizing and implementing educational programs through workshops, seminars, lectures, training etc.
- Collecting librarian and archival materials (books, documents, written in the form of electronic magazines, audio and video materials etc.) making it available to interested persons through the development of a database;
- The development of web portal and its maintenance;
- Publishing (Publication of translation and publication of copyright publications(books, brochures, manuals);
- Preparation and publication of informative and promotional materials and other printed, audio and video materials that are in line with the primary purpose and which are supporting other activities of INFOTEKA;
- Humanitarian action;
- Activities supporting economic empowerment of women.
INFOTEKA primary target group are women and girls. Other specific target groups are minority groups and groups with special needs (national and social minorities, LGBTIQ population, persons with disabilities, etc.), people in the formal and non formal educational process (students and teachers), professionals in state institutions, legislative bodies and the general public.
We would like also to emphasize that core members of INFOTEKA are skilled and experienced women, with specific expertise in:
• large project management on national (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and regional level (Balkan), with experience in cross border cooperation
• management of small grant programs on national and regional level
• management and coordination of various network, and joint public policy advocacy campaigns on national level
• project proposal development, financial and program management, reporting, promotion
• communication with private foundations, UN agencies , international development agencies and international and national non-governmental organizations
• research and data collection (incl. field assessment and research, as well as desk and document research)
• education (trainings / workshops / seminars) in the areas of gender and equality, gender and health, gender and sexuality, gender and discrimination, gender based violence and child abuse (with focus on violence against women and girls), women's political and social rights
• multidisciplinary approach to gender based violence and social rights (work on institutional networking and capacity building)
• policy advocacy and campaigning on gender and health, gender and sexuality, gender and discrimination, gender based violence and child abuse (with focus on violence against women and girls), women's political and social rights
Our individual knowledge and capacity, as well as diversity represent our team strength.
INFOTEKA's current aim is to work on its organizational development by investing into and engaging young women in its daily activities.
Lack of safe space for women and girls
My Vision for the Future:
A world free of violence
My Areas of Expertise:
community mobilization, violence against women and girls, politics