For those of you in NYC, DC, or Boston: How to Land a Job at the UN
I just learned about this event and thought it may interest you. If you are in the New York, Washingon, or Boston area in October, the Foreign Policy Association is holding a career development seminar on "Landing a Job at the United Nations".
Topics covered include:
• How to understand the various bodies of the U.N. system: What are they and which are currently hiring?
• Realities vs. misconceptions: What degree do I need? What are the requirements? What can I expect to earn?
• What U.N. employers are currently recruiting for: Resume & cover letter tips, networking advice, and application guidance
• How to prepare for the National Competitive Recruitment Exam
• About training programs, internships, consultancies, & other non-traditional points of entry into U.N. employment
Check out the event details here: http://www.worldpulse.com/pulsewire/exchange/events/41593
If any of you attend, let us know how it went!