Welcome to PulseWire!
We are excited to introduce you to the Visionary Voices Network Advisory Group. We hope that this will be a safe and productive space for sharing and learning with each other and for guiding the development of the Visionary Voices Network.
You are reading this message on our group journal, where every member of the Visionary Voices Network Advisory Group can post entries, ask questions, and comment on other posts. This journal will house our group discussions over the next couple months. To get the conversation started, please introduce yourself on our group journal and answer the following questions:
- What is the mission of your organization?
- What motivates you to do the work that you do?
To make a post to the Visionary Voices Network Advisory Group journal:
1. Go to the group homepage and click the “Contribute” tab about the group description.
2. Choose a title that best represents the subject of your journal. Perhaps for this introductory journal, you could use the name of your organization.
3. Type in some key words associated with the subject of your journal. To learn more about tagging, click here.
4. In the Journal Entry space, answer the questions above. This is the main text that will appear in your group journal.
5. If you wish, you can attach a picture, or any relevant documents to your journal.
6. Click “Submit” to publish your journal in the Group Journal and an email notification will be sent to your fellow group members.
7. We encourage everyone to read each other’s journals in the group and write comments to begin a dialogue.
Please also take a moment to update your PulseWire profile with information about yourself and your work. Please note that PulseWire is an open forum, and all information that is shared through your profile, journals, and comments, is public. There is an internal messaging feature for private communications if you wish to share personal or sensitive information. Your safety and security are incredibly important to us and we commit to using safe online practices in our group.
Please feel free to contact Jade Frank if you have any questions about the technical aspects of the PulseWire platform, and Michele Kumi Baer if you have any questions about the Visionary Voices Network.
Again, welcome, and thank you for joining the Visionary Voices Network Advisory Group. We look forward to working with you to develop a community of GFW grantees on PulseWire!
Breese, Dianne, Iris, Jade, Laura, Michele, and Whitney