Conference Call Follow Up Notes
I just wanted to send a brief overview of questions and comments from last part of the call. This info is also posted on our Pulsewire group, here:
Sharing Flight Info:
As requested from folks on the call, I will share flight itinerary info after my signature in this message. Please connect with one another if you think you are on the same flight. If your arrival time is the same, you will be sharing airport transportation. Our tour operators, EOS visions, should be waiting for you at the airport with WORLD PULSE signs.
What to Wear:
I connected with Karambu for some further advice about what to wear in Kenya.
Here is what she said:
"In Feb kenya will be hot - so to bring clothes with that in mind. But also with climate change, who knows - will update when close to the time. However, the visitors can wear ligth pants (trousers) but shorts will draw stares (which makes visitors uneasy). Very bear straps tops should be avoided - anything that is really revealing. For those formal events/dinners, Kenyans will be dressed in their African outfits or formal wear. Visitors can be formal for these too OR if they have African outfits, to show them off then!"
* Big Gift: consider donating a new or used but still useful laptop. (If you want help determining where it should go, we can advise. Lap top BAGs are also useful.)
* Anne-christine suggests skin products / cosmetics for women friends.
* USB / thumb -drives
* Books, especially hard to get ones, about inspiring women leaders
* If you have a polaroid camera, nice to give instant photos of friends
* T-shirts, in larger sizes
* Calling cards (pretty, but blank spaces, so people can write in their own info)
Blogging / media coverage:
Yes! we welcome you to keep your own blog and ask if we can also connect it to Pulsewire. Our editorial team will also be sharing about the trip. Especially we ask that you share your great photos, and will help set up a shared photo site for this purpose.
You betcha! Just be ready to shake it shake it shake it like a polaroid picture! :)
Truly, thanks to each of you for being on the call, for your patience with any fuzzy technical issues, and thanks for being part of what is going to be such an amazing time in East Africa!
More info coming shortly, including brief paperwork / form to sign.
In gratitude and admiration for each of you,