Women and children are our future. As a woman, mother and child of mother earth my wishes for myself, my community and the whole world are:
- Equal treatment in private, social and professional area for everybody, without distinction of color, religion, gender, social background and profession.
- Literacy for everybody and equal opportunities and access to attend school and develop personally and professionally
- Respect for all human beings and living creatures because we are all children of this planet
- Peace, harmony and love in all families
- Respect of human rights
- Free access to clean water
- Free sanitary and medical assistance
- Equal access to natural and economic resources
- Abolishing of forced labor, child labor, modern slavery and human trafficking, and exploitation of work forces by multinational enterprises or local governments
- Freedom of expression in literature, arts and every-day-life
- Fairness in all relationships and interactions
- Training opportunities for women and girls
- Freedom of movement
- Empowerment of women and girls
- Active and participatory approach of community based or social issues
- Sustain of women’s work through microfinance
- Letting women play a more active and participatory role in every society
I would like to be a Voices of the Future correspondent because I think these are common wishes to all women around the globe. I am not able to fulfill all these wishes on my own but, if we all work together at these issues we can make it. My aim is to raise awareness of our common grounds and build bridges and bonda between women and communities all over the world to share our experiences, approaches and projects and be able to find solutions to those themes that affect us and our communities most. To do that a platform to raise the voice is needed to be heard and to make other women know that they are not alone. I want to learn from other women and share with others my personal and professional experiences I gained until now.
I have many projects and ideas for a better world. Here are some:
- Starting partnerships between schools on different geographical areas and giving children the chance to know each other and gain firsthand experience. This creates understanding and abolishes stereotypes and prejudices towards what is unknown. In a second step there could be an exchange of the students so that they can visit each other and be part of a different culture for a time. The exchange could be also used for the teachers in order to share experiences and approaches and confront themselves with different realities in order to grow personally and professionally and learn from each other. This is what I would call a real school reform.
- Theater plays on themes of women’s interest represent an alternative way of expression. This represents a safe environment in which to show situations from the female point of view and propose solutions. In my eyes it is a powerful way to create common ground of discussion within societies and can bring a change into what is considered to be a stagnant situation. I like creativity and spontaneous acting because it gives freedom and empowers women to be what they are or what they want to be. It gives everyone the space to be!
- What I would like most is to meet all the wonderful, active and engaged women in person and talk to them to set up a lasting relationship of sharing and exchanging experiences and having the chance of putting up a project together to end gender based inequality and violence.
Changes start in my little: at home, in my community and in the interaction with others every day.
Peace, harmony and understanding are the seed I planted in myself and my son. Now, I feel my plant has to grow and so it is time to spread the seeds to a wider destination. We need to gain visibility. A single woman can make a little difference but many of us can move the world!
I am an idealist and I am proud of it. Pessimist never changed the world for the better.