Web 2.0 and global women's empowerment movement
What excites me most about the Web2.0 is that:
• It provides the opportunity to promote our voices, strengthen our collaboration and accelerate the exchange of working models for women empowerment and global challenges.
• The web 2.0 also provides the platform for discussion on various issues affecting women globally. Issues like women participation in politics, Gender based violence, Reproductive health, harmful traditional practices etc
• Through the Web 2.0 People for the different academic, profession, sex, age, race, religion etc can exchange information and ideas for social change. It provides tools that support our vision and connect with allies to work towards bringing about social change.
• Communication on the Web 2.0 is not way communication technology as it provides the platform for interactions amongst people from different walks of life, Social networking and connect.
For the global women’s empowerment movement, the Web2.0 can bring the following solutions
• Create a global awareness on a prevailing issue in a particular area with people posting blogs constantly on the web. Through this awareness appropriate attention can be drawn to the issue. It could be the attention of the authorities, NGO, Social movement who would take action to combat such issues.
• The Web 2.0 will bring together different groups, movements, professionals, NGOs etc to connect and proffer ideas, solutions and visions on ways to improve global women’s empowerment movement.
• The Web 2.0 will educate people/women on issues. On the Web 2.0 people can ask questions and get variety of opinions on issues confusing to them. The pool of information available of the Web 2.0 platform will provide enough material resources for any research.
• The Web 2.0 will help build global women’s empowerment movement as it can communicate with people around the globe that can strengthen and foster advocacy.
How the Web 2.0 will or is already empowering me is:
• I have met already met over three hundred women of the different race, age, religion and background etc with similar interest and we are already exchanging ideas, information, visions, experiences and stories.
• Through the Web 2.0, I have already learnt how to use new interesting internet functions like blogs and YOU TUBE.
• Through the Web 2.0 I have become part of an interesting people who will contribute our amplified voices to build global women’s empowerment movement.
• Through the Web 2.0 I will learn how to write journals and create awareness on women issues happening around my environment.
• I hope that through the use of Web 2.0 I will form allies and networks that I will work together with to bring about social change in my community with special regards to issues that affect women.