I am a passionate reader and I like books from authors all over the world. I thought about which books I would recomend to someone and the following (still uncomplete) list came into existance. I would like to have a feedback on it and know what you think about it.
* Isabel Allende: "The house of the spirits"
* Waris Dirie: "Desert Flower", "Nomad daughter", "Letter to my mother" (about FGM)
* Mariama Ba: "Une lettre si longue" (marriage between people from different cultures; I don't know the exact title in English but I will check it out)
* Ousmane Sembene: "Guelwaar" (introspection into Senegalese society)
* Arundati Roy: "The God of the little things" (life of children in India)
* Maurizio Gatti: "Bilal" (description of the immigrant route from Africa to Italy and explanation of situation in centers of detention; workforce exploitation)
* Betty Mahmoody: "Not without my daughter" (child abduction, Iranian culture on women and education)
* Hoffmann: "The White Masai" (a Swiss woman who marries a Masai and lives in his culture).
* Paulo Coelho: "Eleven minutes" (immigration, prostitution, women's condition in Switzerland)
Hope to get feedback and critics on it.