Introducing myself and my journal
Keng Foundation (KF) is a non-governmental, apolitical, developmental, non-profit making association based in Cameroon and registered in June 2007. KF was created on the belief that one person can make a difference in the lives of others.
Her US and Cameroon offices are operated by an enthusiastic staff with almost 20 years combined travel and hospitality experience.
Keng Foundation has a unique approach to social engagement in Africa. KF’s mission is to tackle the triple scourges of poverty, illiteracy and disease (especially HIV/AIDS) in Africa. Driven by its vision to being a premier Africa-focused health and development non-governmental organization (NGO), KF works in partnership with local communities and international partners to build sustainable, healthy and productive individuals and communities, and to be a leading voice addressing African development and policy issues.
KF projects currently focus on the following principal areas:
• Gender Equity: Empowerment of women and young girls through education, vocational training, and financial security; Advocate against unplanned parenthood, child/spousal abuse, forced marriages, breast ironing, and female genital mutilation
• Health: Prevent and treat HIV/AIDS & Sexually-transmitted infections, malaria, and Tuberculosis and other infectious diseases; Promote maternal and child health,
• Water and Sanitation: Provide water and sanitation to poor and vulnerable people,
• Community Development through mobilization and capacity building for food security, economic growth and sustainable development.
KF also has programs in: Environmental Management, Emergency and Humanitarian Assistance, and Micro-enterprise Development and Governance.
KF's recent activities include:
1. Visit of the handicapped Centre –Etoug-ebe, Yaounde
In line with its Organizational mission of caring for sick, handicapped and vulnerable people, Keng Foundation (KF) Founder/ Executive Director, Dr W. F Taminang of the National Institutes of Health, Maryland, USA, led a delegation of KF volunteers to the National Centre of Rehabilitation of Handicapped (RNH) in Yaounde, Cameroon. The RNH director for social services led KF team on a tour of the center. Moving from room to room, KF staff paid courtesy visits to sick, abandoned, and handicapped people, handing them food, clothes, and shoes. Children received gifts and toys in addition.
At the close of the visit, the managements of KF and RNH discussed challenges and constraints facing the Center, and the framework for continued collaboration and partnership between the two organizations.
2. Visit to the Dan and Sarah Orphanage
On June 25th 2009, KF personnel paid a field visit to Petit Dan and Sarah Orphanage near Soa, in Yaounde, which accommodates 109 orphans and abandoned children. KF assisted the children with clothes, food, and school material as a goodwill gesture. Subsequently, orphanage director, led KF team on a tour of their premises, proudly showing off their classrooms, and dormitories library, and newly-constructed dispensary,. The five- hour visit culminated in photography, singing, children activities and games. On leaving KF Founder pledged his continued support to Petit Dan and Sarah and other orphanages around the country.
3. Donation of Mosquitoes nets and books to orphan children;
Bitame Lucia Nursery & Primary School, Yaounde
In keeping with Keng Foundation’s organizational mission to combat malaria, and other infectious diseases and promote education and welfare of vulnerable and disadvantaged communities, Keng Foundation volunteers attended the end of year closing ceremony of Bitame Lucia Nursery and Primary School, Nkolfolou, Yaounde, and donated over 100 mosquito nets, books, and stationary to all pupils and parents. This unprecedented gesture was highly applauded by the maagement of the school, pupils, and the entire Nkolfolou community.
4. Sponsor of the yearly Hello Kids program, Yaounde.
5. Launching of HIV Free Holidays Program (Vacances sans SIDA) in partnership with the Chantal Biya Foundation
Please visit www.kengfoundation.org for more on KF’s activities
Community Work, Global Health, Research & Development
Health and economic disparities in the world
My Vision for the Future:
Creating a healthier world
My Areas of Expertise:
Medical Care, HIV /AIDS, Health Policy Analyst, Strategic Management