Weekly Call minutes 4.28.10
Potofanm+Fi Weekly Call minutes 4.28.10
WORD VERSION ATTACHED
Present: Janet F, Leonie H, JoAnne J, Alice B
(Martha W and Marie-Bonheur G could not attend because of medical reasons. A-C d'A and Taina B currently traveling to Haiti.)
1) Discuss progress of OUTREACH subgroup:
* Meeting of Outreach Sub-group happened Tuesday
* spreadsheet of groups we want to outreach to under way by Janet. Everyone will be able to add.
* Outreach strategy:
* map haitian women's groups or groups who work with women internally
* strategize internally about who is best person internally or among foundation/other allies to approach individual groups
* ask groups approached to offer their own mapping
* this last point can help us figure out organizations' positioning vis-a-vis each other
* some discussion of the validity of approaching grassroots groups with the shadow report. Consensus that that may be intimidating to some groups.
* Shadow report may better shine at a summit and should be an ongoing report in order to include as many on the ground voices as possible. Ideally grassroots groups in Haiti will eventually make it their own.
2) update on MEDIA project and Mon Media conf call-
* See minutes of last media call here: http://www.worldpulse.com/node/20098
* One highlight is our new collected feed of Haitian Women Bloggers: http://womenhaitianbloggers.collected.info/
* Also check out the new features, collections and lists of Haitian women bloggers, Women Journalists on Haiti and Groups who work with Haitian women on www.potofanm.org
* Women on Haiti list and Groups who work with Haitian women are in progress as the media subgroup and the outreach committee continue their research
* Léonie will help with Miami Haitian media contacts
* For the mapping diasporic media part, Martha has taken on that action point. Alice highlighted that as a personal project she has just collected all haitian bloggers in one feed at http://haitianbloggers.collected.info/ and that takes care of some of the research on diasporic citizen media.
3) any other updates from Participants
* new subgroup on environment and agriculture - janet f, leonie h, joanne j
* arts, media and culture subgroup - janet f, myriam c
* fokal is already doing work on that and can be an ally
* will be distinct from the media subgroup
* maybe call it arts and culture so it does not get confusing
* Joanne J away from May 1st to May 25th.
* Léonie not on next week's call b/c in Haiti